Participation & Privacy
Self-Care Society Participation Agreement
Last Updated: 5/23/20
Your privacy is critically important to us.
THE AGREEMENT: This Agreement (hereinafter, “Agreement”) is made by and between Self-Care Society, a limited liability company, organized under the laws of the state of Nevada, hereinafter referred to as “Course Provider,” and you, further defined below, as a participant in the Course, also defined below.
All parts and sub-parts of this Agreement are specifically incorporated by reference here. This Agreement shall govern the use of all pages and screens in and on the Course (all collectively referred to as “Course”) and any services provided by or on this Course Provider through the Course (“Services”) and/or on the Course Provider’s website (“Website”).
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS:
- A) The parties referred to in this Agreement shall be defined as follows:
- I) Course Provider, us, we: Course Provider, as the creator, operator, and publisher of the Course, is responsible for providing the Course publicly. Course Provider, us, we, our, ours and other first-person pronouns will refer to the Course Provider, as well as, if applicable, all employees and affiliates of the Course Provider.
- II) You, the user, the participant: You, as the participant in the course and user of the Website, will be referred to throughout this Agreement with second-person pronouns such as you, your, yours, or as user or participant.
III) Parties: Collectively, the parties to this Agreement (Course Provider and You) will be referred to as Parties.
- B) The Course details are as follows:
- I) Course Name: Self-Care Society
- II) Course Description:
Online self care classes and community
III) Course URL: https://social.myselfcaresociety.com
Article 2 – ASSENT & ACCEPTANCE:
By purchasing and participating in the Course, you warrant that you have read and reviewed this Agreement and that you agree to be bound by it. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please cease your participation in the Course immediately. If you do so after purchase, you will not be entitled to any refund. Course Provider only agrees to provide the Course to you if you assent to this Agreement.
Article 3 – AGE RESTRICTION:
You must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to use this Website, participate in the Course or access any Services contained herein. By participating in the Course, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and may legally agree to this Agreement. Course Provider assumes no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of your age.
Article 4 – LICENSE TO USE WEBSITE & ACCESS COURSE MATERIALS:
We may provide you with certain information as a result of your accessing of the Course through the Website. Such information may include, but is not limited to, documentation, data, or information developed by us and other materials which may assist in your participation in the Course (“Materials”). Subject to this Agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Materials solely in connection with your participation in the Course and your use of the Website. The Materials may not be used for any other purpose, and this license terminates upon your completion of your membership, your cessation of use of the the Website, or at the termination of this Agreement.
Article 5 – COURSE TERMS:
The Course does not have a structured start date, which means you may begin it at any time.
The Course and any of its accompanying Materials may not be shared with any party. If we suspect that the Course or Materials are being shared and/or that you have shared your log-in information with any party, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your access to the Course, in our sole and exclusive discretion.
We do not offer any promises or guarantees with regard to our Course or Course Materials. You hereby acknowledge and agree:
- A) You are solely and exclusively responsible for the choices that you make with regard to this Course, the Materials contained within it, or any significant changes to your business or life;
- B) You are solely and exclusively responsible for your own mental health, physical health, business decisions, and any other actions or inaction you choose to take;
- C) We are not liable for any result or non-result or any consequences which may come about due to your participation in the Course;
- D) This Course does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or a medical one. We do not provide therapy or medical services and you are responsible for procuring these services at your own will and discretion if needed.
Article 6 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
You agree that the Materials, the Course, the Website, and any other Services provided by the Course Provider are the property of the Course Provider, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property (“Company IP”). You agree that the Company owns all right, title and interest in and to the Company IP and that you will not use the Company IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose. You agree not to reproduce or distribute the Company IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from the Company.
Article 7 – CONTENT YOU POST:
Through your participation in the Course and your use of the Website, you may be permitted to post materials to the Course community pages and other parts of the Website (“User Contributions”). You hereby grant Course Provider a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, display, use, broadcast, transmit and make derivative works of User Contributions you post. The Course Provider claims no further proprietary rights in your User Contributions.
You also agree to comply with the “Acceptable Use” provision of this Agreement for all User Contributions that you post, including and especially to not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party through your User Contributions.
If you feel that any of your intellectual property rights have been infringed or otherwise violated by the posting of information or media by another of our users, please contact us and let us know.
Article 8 – YOUR OBLIGATIONS:
As a participant in the Course, you will be asked to register with us. When you do so, you will choose a user identifier, which may be your email address or another term, as well as a password. You may also provide personal information, including, but not limited to, your name. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of this information. This identifying information will enable you to participate in the Course. You must not share such identifying information with any third party, and if you discover that your identifying information has been compromised, you agree to notify us immediately in writing. Email notification will suffice. You are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of your identifying information as well as keeping us apprised of any changes to your identifying information.
The billing information you provide us, including credit card, billing address and other payment information, is subject to the same confidentiality and accuracy requirements as the rest of your identifying information. Providing false or inaccurate information, or using the Course or the Website to further fraud or unlawful activity is grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement.
Article 9 – ACCEPTABLE USE:
You agree not to use the Course or the Website for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Course or the Website in any way that could damage the Course, Website, Services, or general business of the Course Provider.
- a) You further agree not to use the Course or the Website:
- I) To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- II) To violate any intellectual property rights of the Course Provider or any third party;
III) To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- IV) To perpetrate any fraud;
- V) To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- VI) To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
VII) To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination towards any group;
VIII) To unlawfully gather information about others.
Article 10 – NO LIABILITY:
The Course and Website are provided for informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that any information posted in the Course, in the Materials, or on the Website is not intended to be legal advice, medical advice, or financial advice, and no fiduciary relationship has been created between you and us. You further agree that your participation in the Course is at own risk. We do not assume responsibility or liability for any advice or other information given in the Course, in the Materials, or on the Website.
Article 11 – REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY:
You agree not to undertake any of the following actions:
- a) Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Course or Website;
- b) Violate the security of the Course or Website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
Article 12 – DATA LOSS:
We do not assume or accept responsibility for the security of your account or content. You agree that your participation in the Course or use of the Website is at your own risk.
Article 13 – INDEMNIFICATION:
You agree to defend and indemnify the Course Provider and any of our affiliates (if applicable) and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your participation in the Course, your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of this Agreement, or your conduct or actions. You agree that we shall be able to select our own legal counsel and may participate in our own defense, if we wish.
Article 14 – SPAM POLICY:
You are strictly prohibited from using Course for illegal spam activities, including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails.
Article 15 – MODIFICATION & VARIATION:
We may, from time to time and at any time without notice to you, modify this Agreement. You agree that we have the right to modify this Agreement or revise anything contained herein. You further agree that all modifications to this Agreement are in full force and effect immediately upon posting on the Website and that modifications or variations will replace any prior version of this Agreement, unless prior versions are specifically referred to or incorporated into the latest modification or variation of this Agreement.
To the extent any part or sub-part of this Agreement is held ineffective or invalid by any court of law, you agree that the prior, effective version of this Agreement shall be considered enforceable and valid to the fullest extent.
Article 16 – ENTIRE AGREEMENT:
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties with respect to the Course. This Agreement supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written or oral.
Article 17 – SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS:
We may need to interrupt your access to the Course to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that your access to the Course and/or Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that we shall have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
Article 18 – TERM, TERMINATION & SUSPENSION:
We may terminate this Agreement with you at any time for any reason, with or without cause. We specifically reserve the right to terminate this Agreement if you violate any of the terms outlined herein, including, but not limited to, violating the intellectual property rights of us or a third party, failing to comply with applicable laws or other legal obligations, and/or publishing or distributing illegal material. You may also terminate this Agreement at any time by contacting us and requesting termination. At the termination of this Agreement, any provisions that would be expected to survive termination by their nature shall remain in full force and effect.
Please be advised that terminating this Agreement does not entitle you to a refund on any monies spent with us.
Article 19 – NO WARRANTIES:
You agree that your participation in the Course and your use of the Website is at your sole and exclusive risk and that any Services provided by us are on an “As Is” basis. We hereby expressly disclaim any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Course or Website will meet your needs or that the Course or Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information in the Course or on the Website. You agree that any damage that may occur to you, through your computer system, or as a result of loss of your data from your participation in the Course or your use of the Website is your sole responsibility and that we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
Article 20 – LIMITATION ON LIABILITY:
We are not liable for any damages that may occur to you as a result of your participation in the Course or your use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law, as noted above. The maximum liability of Course Provider arising from or relating to this Agreement is limited to the greater of one hundred ($100) US Dollars or the amount you paid to us in the last six (6) months. This section applies to any and all claims by you, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.
Article 21 – GENERAL PROVISIONS:
- A) LANGUAGE: All communications made or notices given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in the English language.
- B) JURISDICTION, VENUE & CHOICE OF LAW: Through your participation in the Course and your use of the Website, you agree that the laws of Nevada shall govern any matter or dispute relating to or arising out of this Agreement, as well as any dispute of any kind that may arise between you and us, with the exception of its conflict of law provisions. In case any litigation specifically permitted under this Agreement is initiated, the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the following county: Clark County, Nevada. The Parties agree that this choice of law, venue, and jurisdiction provision is not permissive, but rather mandatory in nature. You hereby waive the right to any objection of venue, including assertion of the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine.
- C) ARBITRATION: In case of a dispute between the Parties relating to or arising out of this Agreement, the Parties shall first attempt to resolve the dispute personally and in good faith. If these personal resolution attempts fail, the Parties shall then submit the dispute to binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in the following county: Clark County. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator, and such arbitrator shall have no authority to add Parties, vary the provisions of this Agreement, award punitive damages, or certify a class. The arbitrator shall be bound by applicable and governing Federal law as well as the law of the following state: Nevada. Each Party shall pay their own costs and fees. Claims necessitating arbitration under this section include, but are not limited to: contract claims, tort claims, claims based on Federal and state law, and claims based on local laws, ordinances, statutes or regulations. Intellectual property claims by us will not be subject to arbitration and may, as an exception to this sub-part, be litigated. The Parties, in agreement with this sub-part of this Agreement, waive any rights they may have to a jury trial in regard to arbitral claims.
- D) ASSIGNMENT: This Agreement, or the rights granted hereunder, may not be assigned, sold, leased or otherwise transferred in whole or part by you. Should this Agreement, or the rights granted hereunder, by assigned, sold, leased or otherwise transferred by Course Provider, the rights and liabilities of Course Provider will bind and inure to any assignees, administrators, successors, and executors.
- E) SEVERABILITY: If any part or sub-part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of law or competent arbitrator, the remaining parts and sub-parts will be enforced to the maximum extent possible. In such condition, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force.
- F) NO WAIVER: In the event that we fail to enforce any provision of this Agreement, this shall not constitute a waiver of any future enforcement of that provision or of any other provision. Waiver of any part or sub-part of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any other part or sub-part.
- G) HEADINGS FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY: Headings of parts and sub-parts under this Agreement are for convenience and organization, only. Headings shall not affect the meaning of any provisions of this Agreement.
- H) NO AGENCY, PARTNERSHIP OR JOINT VENTURE: No agency, partnership, or joint venture has been created between the Parties as a result of this Agreement. No Party has any authority to bind the other to third parties.
- I) FORCE MAJEURE: We are not liable for any failure to perform due to causes beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of civil authorities, acts of military authorities, riots, embargoes, acts of nature and natural disasters, and other acts which may be due to unforeseen circumstances.
- J) ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PERMITTED: Electronic communications are permitted to both Parties under this Agreement, including e-mail or fax. For any questions or concerns, please email us at the following address: email@example.com.
Last Updated: 5/23/20
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Like most website operators, Self-Care Society collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Self-Care Society’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Self-Care Society’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Self-Care Society may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Self-Care Society also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.social.myselfcaresociety.com blog posts. Self-Care Society only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Self-Care Society’s websites choose to interact with Self-Care Society in ways that require Self-Care Society to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Self-Care Society gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://www.social.myselfcaresociety.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Self-Care Society discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Self-Care Society’s behalf or to provide services available at Self-Care Society’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Self-Care Society’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Self-Care Society will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Self-Care Society discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Self-Care Society believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Self-Care Society, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://www.social.myselfcaresociety.com and have supplied your email address, Self-Care Society may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Self-Care Society and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Self-Care Society takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Self-Care Society may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Self-Care Society may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Self-Care Society does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Self-Care Society uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Those who engage in transactions with Self-Care Society – by purchasing Self-Care Society’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Self-Care Society collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Self-Care Society. Self-Care Society does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your data rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.